cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing only using black on my Pixma MX880 series

SEG
Apprentice

I have run out of Cylan and only want to print in greyscale for my documents. The Printing won't let me do this and keeps ending a Support Code 1600 message. I only want to use this printer for grescale as I have a Canon Pro-10 for photos. I am on a MAC 10.11.4. How can I by pass this message and print?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi SEG,

The printer requires that all ink tanks be installed in the printer in order to print, even if one or more of the ink tanks are low or out of ink; however, you can continue printing and using the other functions of the printer under a low or out of ink condition by disabling the ink level detection function of the printer.  To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 5 seconds, then release it.  Please note that you will need to do this procedure for each ink tank that is showing that it is low or out of ink.  Once you replace the ink tank with a Canon genuine ink tank, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements