Please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the Canon printer on the left side and then the [-] at the bottom to remove it.
4. Repeat until all Canon printers are removed and then close System Preferences.
5. Click once on desktop so Finder appears in upper left corner.
6. Click on Go and then Go to Folder.
7. In that box, type:
and click Go
8. In the folder that appears, please delete Canon folder.
Once removed, please close all window and then open a web browser:
1. Go to: usa.canon.com/support
2. In the enter a model box, please type MX492 and click on PIXMA MX492 that appears below it and click the GO button.
3. On the PIXMA MX492's page, please click the Drivers & Downloads button.
4. Click the Select button next to "MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199".
5. Click the Download button.
6. Once the download is complete, please open your downloads folder.
7. Double click "mcpd-mac-mx490-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg".
8. Double click the new disk image on the desktop to begin the installation and follow the on screen prompts.
9. Once installed, please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
10. Click on Printers & Scanners.
11. Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on Add printer or scanner.
12. In the Add window, please click on the Canon MX490 series 1 time.
13. At the bottom, next to "Use", please make sure Canon MX490 series is selected.
14. Click Add.
Once added, please attempt to print.