I downloaded the print driver installation for a MG2520 printer to my computer and plugged the printer into my computer. The installation started but then I got a message that the printer was not being found. The instructions told me to disconnect and then reconnect the printer. I did this but don't know whether this fixed the problem. The installation reportedly is still underway but how do I know as the message saying the printer is not located is still shown?
This issue will occur if the USB cable is connected to your computer before running Canon's driver installation.
To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.
5. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your PIXMA MG2520.
6. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
7. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
8. Click once on "MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top. If this does not appear, please go to Step 10.
9. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
10. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG2500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.