cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx922 not powering on fully (dead?)

coloredinkblot
Apprentice

Has anyone dealt with the printer copy light being on when powering up the printer but the printer not working (looks dead other than the copy light being on)?

I've tried unplugging it for 15 minutes then powering back on with no luck.

IMG_0135.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue may be related to a power surge of some sort.  Try unplugging the power from the unit for 30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the power in directly to a wall outlet to see if it will power on properly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this didn't work. I left unplugged overnight and encountered the same result as my original post.

Hi coloredinkblot.

If the problem persists even after leaving it unplugged for more than 30 minutes (i.e. overnight, in your case), then the MX922 will need to be replaced.  If the printer is within one year of the original date of purchase, you may create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE, and use the contact options provided to take advantage of warranty options.  Warranty service may require a valid copy of the printer's proof of purchase.

If the printer was purchased more than one year ago, then I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bimmernator
Apprentice

I have the same printer and exact problem.  I would like to know what the exact issue is besides just throwing it away.  Thanks for anyone who can help.

Announcements