cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx492 - a pop up message about duplexing appears;how can I get rid of it?

bettybakervt
Apprentice

I just set up a new Pixma MX492 printer. When I print, duplex manual instructions pop up.  How do I get rid of this? I unchecked duplex in the preferences.

Also, I am not using the FAX feature, but it comes up as a printer option, and is shown in devices and printers as a FAX. If I delete it from devices and printers, will this have any impact on the default printer?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi betterbakervt,

You will want to ensure that the Duplex (Manual) option is unchecked on both the Page Setup and Quick Setup tabs in the Printing Preferences window, as well as in any application where you might have it selected to try and eliminate the duplex printing prompt.  

You can remove the FAX version of the printer in your Devices and Printers window without affecting the default printer.

Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements