Apprentice

Cleaned ink absorbers but still get code 1700 saying ink absorbers almost full

Can't seem to clear or reset

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed or cleaned, the ink absorber counter must be reset and the reset utility that is necessary to reset this counter is not available to the general public.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

elliemay3
Apprentice

I've read other things online that seem to indicate that people do reset the counter.  I'm 85 years young and don't really want to get used to a new printer....I also don't do as much printing as I used to 

I have been able to fix a few things myself but I don't understand why the counter wouldn't reset automatically once the ink absorber is cleaned.  It is printing just fine again and I have all new Canon cartridges in it but the message makes me worry that it will suddenly shut down in the middle of my printing holiday cards and pictures of my first great granddaughter.  Have a lot of those to print as you imagine.  I keep hoping it will work right the next time I turn it on but that doesn't sound likely.  Many of my friends and family don't even own a printer but because I like to personalize greeting cards and print pictures for my albums I have always had one.  I still have a little HP Inkjet from 1995 that still works but isn't compatible with any of my new stuff.  I only use it with my ME desktop.  Well nothing to do with Canon...just rambling.  Maybe I'll just keep using it until it won't work any more.

Thanks for responding

Announcements