cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8720 Magenta looks Maroon?

amyweeze3
Apprentice

I've had this printer for a couple of weeks, and it's my first canon printer. I am trying to print a graphic design project and the magenta keeps printing maroon. I've printed a bunch of pink PMS swatches to see what looked best, and they all seem off - darker, more coral or maroon than pink. I've tested out several different print profiles including Adobe RGB and sRGB. I've played around with the magenta color sliders but I don't want the entire design effected. I'm using a matt cover paper, but I also tested it on the Canon glossy II paper that came with my printer. Any suggestions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

amyweeze3
Apprentice

f9f65a3c-8564-4d66-8882-f3a8ce539b8b.jpg

This is an example of my swatches. For example, #27 is supposed to be magenta.... 

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements