cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8720 shifts photos and leaves white bands on top

aeandros
Apprentice

I've been having this issue for months where my heavy 5x7 matte prints will consistently be shifted downward around a centemeter cutting off the bottom of the image and leaving a white band across the top of the print. It doesn't have this issue with thin paper or with larger heavy paper.

It started malfunctioning with my  5x7's out of the blue around the beginning of the year, but it prints everything else just fine.

I've called customer support and sent it in to be serviced twice but both times the issue wasn't addressed. If anybody has ever fixed this problem before I could really use some advice. I really don't want to send it in again just to get it back unfixed.

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Aeandros,

If this is only happening on the heavy 5X7 sheets and noting else, It could be caused by the settings used to print on the paper or the media type itself. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Does this happen with other sheets of 5X7 paper.
  2. Who makes the 5X7 sheets that you are printing on and what is the name of the paper and the weight?
  3. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  4. What media type are you selecting on the computer when you print?

Thanks for the response, Hector!

I typically use 5x7 double sided matte photo paper (58lb) from a company called Printerry (I've used it for years without issues until my printer started acting up), but this happens with heavy card stock and other brands as well.

I set my printer to Photo borderless and use matte photo paper in the settings, though I've also tried bordered printing and it also is shifted down. I use the Cannon Photo Print EX program, though I have tested in the windows print interface as well with similar results.

I've tried just cutting down regular printer paper to 5x7 to test, and even with the same settings the printer paper turns out perfect while the thicker paper shifts down.

My Windows specifications are:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
OS build 19043.1165

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!

I have a new G6020 and after I installed I noticed a long delay at startup.  I found the file Canon hdAlbum EZ is set to open at startup and it shows that it is a high impact.

If I disable this from opening at startup, IF I ever need to access the album (which I doubt I will ever do), can I get to you manually?

blueish2
Apprentice

Have you gotten answer to this issue? My printer is starting to have the same problems all of a sudden, with 7x5 papers as well.

No, unfortunately I never got a response and had to buy a new printer. Hope you are able to fix yours.

Ah dang, alright. Thank you for the reply!

Announcements