cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS8322 Error 1259 Persistent code, no remedy

bsimpson4120
Apprentice

I'm not sure this is relative, but my ink ran out. I replaced the ink, but accidentally had the wrong color in the magenta spot. The code 1259 came up. I have since placed the magenta in its correct spot.  My paper tray does not have a stop when I pull it out. it comes out effortlessly. The code continually comes up. I & my daughter have attempted to fix this using the manual & common sense to trouble shoot various potential options, but it will not go away. This has rendered this printer useless for anything more than a paper weight that draws electrical current. Help! 

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bsimpson4120! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your PIXMA TS8322 is displaying a 1259 error and you have been pulling out the paper tray.

The 1259 error does not indicate that you need to pull out the lower cassette tray that holds paper. It is pointing to a different tray (called the Output Tray).

Please note that there are two “trays” in the front of the printer. The lower cassette holds the paper. Right above that, there is an Output Tray. The job of the output tray is to catch the paper when it comes out of the printer.

Canon does have a video with instructions that will help you clear this error. Here is the link to that article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169524

Please watch the video in its entirety. The initial picture on the video shows the Cassette being pushed in. This is not the tray that needs to be pulled out. The cassette that holds the paper should always be pushed in as far as it goes.

As you watch the video, it will eventually show you the Output Tray that needs to be pulled out. The Output Tray is located above the cassette that holds the paper.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements