cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8620a won't print most of the time.

TXbirder
Contributor

I have installed the latest driver, I think.  The printer will print a test page.  It will not print a document off my PC's screen.  I have tried turning it off.  I have tried unplugging it. I am out of ideas.

JGLTX

8 REPLIES 8

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, TXbirder!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@TXbirder wrote:

I have installed the latest driver, I think.  The printer will print a test page.  It will not print a document off my PC's screen.  I have tried turning it off.  I have tried unplugging it. I am out of ideas.

JGLTX

In addition to Kristoff's questions, what software are you trying to print from? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Sorry.   PC is an HP All-in-one.  Op system is Window 11.  Printer is about 3 years old.   PP is about 1 1 1/2 years o;d.

JGLTX

Also:  browser is Google Chrome, with Gmail .

JGLTX

@TXbirder wrote:

Also:  browser is Google Chrome, with Gmail .

JGLTX

Unfortunately I don't have any of your configurations except for the printer. No problems with W10 and MS Edge browser. Sorry I can't help.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 092913.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TXbirder
Contributor

I took the printer to a MicroCenter repair station and was told that they don't work on printers.   It is cheaper to buy a new one. 

I have been unable to find a repair shop in Houston.Is is truly chear to buy than to repair a printer?

TXbirder

@TXbirder wrote:

I took the printer to a MicroCenter repair station and was told that they don't work on printers.   It is cheaper to buy a new one. 

I have been unable to find a repair shop in Houston.Is is truly chear to buy than to repair a printer?

TXbirder

Amazon sells the printer for $180. That includes a full set of ink that costs $71. 
It's not hard to imagine a repair cost of $100. And since you can’t find a local repair facility you are looking at packaging and shipping as well ( if could even find a facility). 
That is the sad fact concerning mass produced consumer products. There’s really no physical aftermarket care. Warranty or replace when warranty expires.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TXbirder
Contributor

Thanks.

txbirder

Announcements