cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR7520 won't scan to my iMac....says I need " Requird Privileges" How to fix ?

JMJOH95
Apprentice

I am using a PIXMA TR 7520.

I am on the latest iMac with the latest version. In the past I have had no trouble at all scanning to the computer using the Platen or  ADF. Now when I try to use either the Platen or the ADF, I get the following message: you don't have "required privileges to access specified folder." This happens whether I use the auto, document, or photo. Can someoneassist me by providing specific information on how to solve this problem? Is there a telephone number at Canon where I can receive oral assistance? Thanks. I do appreciate your help.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JMJOH95,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please right click your desktop and left click on new folder and name that folder SCANS.

2.  Open your Applications folder, the Canon Utilities folder and then open the IJ Scan Utility.

3.  Click the Settings button in the lower right corner of the IJ Scan Utiltiy.

4.  On the left side, click on Document Scan.

5.  On the right, change the "Save In" to the SCANS folder on your desktop.  Click the drop down and click Add.  Click the + to browse that folder on your desktop.

6.  Click on Photo Scan on the left side and set that folder SCANS as well.

Attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements