cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR7020a - "auto select" on the print paper tray source doesn't auto-use rear tray when loaded.

bsherba
Apprentice

I am not accustomed to having a home printer, so forgive me if this isn't a reasonable question.

I have used many canon printers over the years at work and haven't really had this issue before.

Typically, the "automatically detect" paper source option will have the printer use the rear tray if it has paper in it instead of the cassette.

This is not what I am getting from this printer, it just prints from the cassette regardless. I would expect a switch on the rear feeder would be telling the printer to use it. 

I have installed with the official canon drivers

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can better assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or MacOS is your computer running? 

If you would like assistance in real time, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I am using Windows.

I have tried to use the downloaded driver and also the built in windows driver. While the downloaded on seems to have "more buttons" on it, neither one allows for the rear tray to automatically print when paper is loaded when auto select is enabled.

Hi,

You can try adjusting the feed setting from the printer driver. Please click HERE for more information about adjust settings from the printer driver. 

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements