cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR4522 not recognized on new laptop with Windows 10

michab3
Apprentice

I just got a new laptop, and despite plugging the printer in to the USB port, and the computer claiming the printer is installed and working, there is no driver installed for the printer. When I try to install the driver from the download off the Canon site, I get sent to the app store. I'm not sure what it going on. How do I get my computer to recognize the driver? I've run troubleshoot and set up wizard. Troubleshoot shows no trouble, and the set up wizard is not showing the driver for this printer, but will not let me open it from the download. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The windows 10 drivers for your printer are here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/tr...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi michab3,

If you are directed to the App Store, it would appear that you are using Windows 10 in S mode.

In S mode, you can install the printer driver using the Add a Printer Wizard.

To add your TR4522, please follow these steps:

1.  Please please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CONTROL and click OK.

3.  Click Devices and Printers.

4.  Click Add a Printer.

5.  In the new window that appears, click on your printer and then click Next.

6.  A driver will be installed.  When this process has finished, click Finish.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements