cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 not recognized by Dell laptop any longer

Taylortori
Contributor

My Pixma MX922 not recognized by my Dell laptop any longer.  It was printing fine until yesterday. I've deleted and attempted to re-add, but it's not found while sitting right next to the printer.  When I was able to add it yesterday, it would show "ERROR" as the status on my laptop.  I'm able to print from mobile phone and desktop.  Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Taylortori!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 11 Home

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Taylortori,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Please verify that the name listed next to SSID is the exact same name your laptop is connected to

Using the down arrow, write down what is listed next to IPv4 Address.

On your computer, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go

In the Run window that appears, please type CMD and click OK

In the Command Prompt window that appears, please type:

PING (IP address that you wrote down)

and then press the Enter key on your keyboard

For example, if you wrote down 192.168.1.45, type PING 192.168.1.45 in the Command Prompt window and press Enter

Did you get:

A - Timed out
B - Destination host unreachable
C - Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I received sent=4 received =4 lost=0

What do I do now?

Hi,

Please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply. 

Announcements