cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 and OS X Catalina

MattKauf
Apprentice

I've had my Multifunction for a while and am using with with the Canon scanning software on my Macbook Air running OS X Catalina 10.15.4.

Since the update to Catalina, I have noticed that if I scan a document, then change the settings for another document, when I click on the scan button, nothing happens.  I have to quit the application and then scan.  The changes to the settings were saved with the last running of the App, I just couldn't scan until I quit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What we hear from a lot of MAC users:

Printer has been working fine / normally, then after one or more OS upgrades some functions start to become problematic, unreliable or deteriorate.

This is often due to the architectural differences between old / new versions of Mac OS and drivers.  If you've been using MAC OS for a while, then you know how different Catalina is in comparison to Mojave.    

What I would recommend:

Remove the printer from Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.

If no other printers are installed, then "Reset The Printing System" (Control+Right-Click)

Now uninstall all Canon related software, then restart.

Now reinstall the device using the Catalina CUPS and Scanner drivers:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

This seems to help in the majority of cases where orphaned files and lingering remnants cause odd or undesired behaviors.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your suggestion.  I will try it.

Nice to meet someone with more than 1900 times my experience on the "Boards."

Matt

Announcements