cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 continually starts on, shuts off, and reloops - Found a temporary solution

Queen77
Apprentice

Someone on here had a work around for a MB2320, so I thought I would try it for my Pixma MX490......and it worked!

1. Unplug the printer

2. Unplug the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)

3. Plug in the printer - it will turn on by itself, cycle, and it may take a minute or two, but the menu screen on the printer will display without turning off.

4. Plug the modem ethernet back into the router

5. Print

It worked! I am not sure if I will have to do this every time I turn on my computer to print something, but at least I not only have a work around until Canon fixes the issue, but at least I CAN PRINT WHEN I NEED TO!!!  

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.  You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Is this a quick fix as a work around or a permanent one? 

how can the updates be applied if my printer is shutting down every 5 seconds?

Hi,

Turn off your router and once that is done, turn the printer off and back on. The printer should start back up and then you can disable the wifi in the printer. Once that is done, power your router back on and then connect the printer to your computer via a printer usb cord and then try the firmware update. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

Announcements