cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 925 scanner driver does not install since W10/W11 22H2

TomasL
Apprentice

I cannot install the MP scanner driver since W10 22H2

Printer is an MX 925 on network connected with WiFI, computers on Wired network.

All IP-adresses is static

I allways receive the same error message "Cannot create Port".

Printing is Ok, With Canon MP driver as well as MS WS driver, but it scanning is not.

If I install Windows standard drivers (WS drivers) I can scan from applications, but not from Scangear.

I can scan from VueScan, with VueScan built in drivers.

Upgraded to W11 22H2, but the problem is the same.

Tried to do a clean install, i.e removing Canon drivers totaly including ports, but the same problems re-appear, when the installer is starting to install the scannerdriver, the same message apperars, "Cannot Create Port".

Had a session with a Cannon support, they could not solve the problem either, MS suggested reinstall W10, no effects, then I uppgraded to W11, same problems.

Any help would be appriciated

5 REPLIES 5

TomasL
Apprentice

The error message I get is "Cannot create a new port :0023"

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are 2 common ways to solve this problem.  Manually by deleting the port associated with your printer, or by using software.  

The software option might be easier if you are not comfortable tinkering with windows settings.  You said you tried deleting ports, but I'm not sure what method you used?

Start by downloading the MP installer for your printer:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_m...

Open your downloads folder and look for mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe

Important Click the View tab and ensure File Name Extensions is checked.

shadowsports_0-1673359653947.png

Now down below, right-click on the file and select rename from the context menu

shadowsports_1-1673360234091.png

Change the extension from .exe to .zip (note the dot before the extension)

Right-click on the file again and select extract.  Then navigate to the LAN  folder.  Look or CNMNPU.EXE 

Double-click to run.  This will remove the errant port.  Restart your system and run the printer installer.  It should run now and complete.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Done that numerous of times, does not help

James_C

Hello TomasL

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product PIXMA MX925 appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, it is the same drivers for all Pixma I guess, and there is no Support forums in Europe

Announcements