cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP560 printing too light

dsweissman
Apprentice

Hi I am trying to print documents from my Canon Pixma MP560 and they are printing out way too light. I am running a Mac on OS 10.15 (Catalina). How can I fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dsweissman,

If your documents are printing too light, it could be caused by hardware or it could be the settings used to print. In this situation, you can start by printing a nozzle check to see if the ink is working properly. You can perform a nozzle check by using the steps provided HERE. If the nozzle check print is too light to read or if there are any colors missing, you can try cleaning the print head using the steps provided HERE.

If the nozzle check prints correctly, it will usually be caused by a setting issue. To assist further, I would need some additional information.

1. What program are you printing from on your Mac?
  2. What paper/media type is selected when printing?
  3. When you perform a black or color copy, are those prints light as well?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just did the nozzle check and the PGBK cartridge will not print. Every other cartridge is printing fine according to the check, but there is a blank space where the PGBK should be.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello dsweissman,

If the PGBK is missing, it will usually be the cause of your print issue. THe PGBK tanks is the one used for the majority of your document printing.

To resolve this issue, you can try cleaning the print head using the steps provided in the link HERE. After cleaning the print head, you can print another nozzle check to see if the PGBK is showing up. If you perform two cleanings and the PGBK does not show up. You can try a deep cleaning using the steps provided HERE.

If the PGBK is still not printing, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have. Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements