cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7720 not printing colors after new ink has been installed

okio
Apprentice

About a couple weeks ago, I was in the process of printing some color documents for my small business, and the yellow ink tank was almost empty. I replaced it (correctly, the top vent was completely exposed) and continued printing, but noticed the colors came out washed out and wrong, and it had stopped printing yellow. I took the ink cartridge out and inspected it, didn't notice any damage or defects, replaced it, and tried again. This time, it stopped printing magenta too, despite that ink tank being completely full and working just moments before.

I've tried several nozzle checks and cleanings, and no matter what I do, yellow and magenta refuse to print.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try taking the print head out and putting it back in. Please click HERE for the steps. If that does not resolve the issue, the printer would need to be replaced.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Reinstalling the printer head restored the yellow and magenta inks, but now BK is not printing. I tried the print head re-installation process twice and now BK doesn't print on the nozzle test checks, even after cleaning.

Announcements