cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7520 turns on but shuts off before I can access menu

leafstar
Apprentice

My Canon MG7520 was working perfectly until yesterday. It kept shutting itself off yesterday. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. I know it's getting older, but it's worked so well until now. Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78

Leilani0626
Apprentice

In the same boat as you all. Had a perfectly working printer one day and the next day it’s all messed up! Terrible timing for me personally as I’ll be a first-year teacher in the fall and I’m trying to print and prep all of the things. I sure do hope Canon makes this right… really not wanting to spend a few hundred dollars on a new printer when I know mine was just fine!!! 

Scroll down and Read sheri99s message. \/ down there!

FFAmom
Apprentice

Same problem. Went to use my 7520 this morning and it was off. I NEVER turn it off. It only comes on for 5 seconds and shuts off. The ink cartridges do not slide. The door opens and it shuts off. I used it May 31 and had no problems.

Scroll down and read sheri99s message. 

mkleano
Apprentice

Wow. What is going on. I am going through the same issue as everyone who's previously commented about their MG7520. I used my MG 7520 just two days ago and for the past 30 minutes, the printer was found off, turns on then turns off, says is offline, and only stays on for no more than 1 minute when I am attempting to do anything to it.

Scroll down and read sheri99s message.

sheri99
Enthusiast

SOLUTION: After a 1:57 hold time with Canon customer service.... I have the solution! (and that was 2 hours, not 2 minutes) If this is happening to you it is very easily fixed. [Removed per forum guidelines] Although I wish I could make up for my 2 + hours of time. The tech told me that when they walked into the office Tuesday morning, "the stuff had hit the fan" because this has affected many models and they don't know what caused it. Here is what you need to do to fix it:

Completely unplug your router and then turn on your printer (it won't stay on if your router is because of a linking problem with the router, that we are going to fix.)  So this is the step-by-step for the MG6620 and probably those models with similar menus, but whatever model you have just try to get to your DNS Server Setup. That is where the setting is that needs manually changed. So for the MG6620:

On the menu swipe to Setup, then find Web Service Setup then DNS Server Setup. Select Manual.  Press each set of numbers and change them all to 000 except the last set. That needs to be 001. So your DNS will look like this: 000.000.000.001  Click OK, then click No.

That's it. You should be good to print.

You are welcome!  Too bad someone at Canon doesn't just post this somewhere. Would've save a lot of people a lot of headaches, I'm sure. 

Thank you for taking one for the team. This fix worked!

Ok. (I am still laughing-hang on) You are an angel! Your message to me arrived moments before I dropped an 8 pound sledge hammer on my printer. I had just purchased 120 dollars worth of Canon pure-bread ink a few days ago for this thing. I printed a few pages on 5-30-2022 and was stunned that today it was DOA. I started reading your message and got to the pay me in VenMo and my blood boiled. I thought Gee, I was right it was a Russian Hack! And.. me, bent on discovering who you were and why you would perpetrate such a dastardly attack on my right to print nonsense and cat memes! I carried on reading to discover the VenMo was a joke. Wiping the sweat from my brow I hungrily chewed through the rest of your message, relishing every word until satiated. I followed your instructions as if I was a 3 year old learning the most important thing in my life! I proceeded to diligently carry out your instructions, blindly, without questioning the knowledge and precise steps. I took those steps unerringly, unfaltering, my first steps to everything. Besides if I fell I had already forgotten about the boo-boo, I will survive, my will enslaved me, I would not be denied. It worked perfectly! I cannot thank you enough. I am sure canon doesn't post the solution because they want that 20 dollars from all the people with Out of Warranty printers. That could back fire by not selling printers to customers, then what do they have? 

Your reward for your informative message to me is, sleep well Sheri99, you wear a golden halo and are cloaked in gossamer wings in my eyes. Thank you for your timely informative assistance. You saved me in more ways than one, and you saved my printer from a unrecoverable fall down a 5 story staircase. My printer thanks you and I thank you. 

You are hilarious! Thank you for that reply, it was awesome!

Announcements