cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6620 Won't Turn On

trichey
Apprentice

Apparently there has been something Canon has updated today or over the weekend which has caused a variety of users to experience the exact same problem - printer decided to power off and won't power back up. You cannot tell me that it is just a coincidence that all of our hardware drivers crashed at the exact same time. I am not buying a new printer when mine worked fine a couple of days ago before Memorial Day weekend.

31 REPLIES 31

gogofren
Apprentice

With you on this, they did something causing the failure. I seen too many post Abt it posted this week when I started to search Abt what was going on with my machine. 

Exact same thing happened to me.  If I unplug my internet and wifi I am able to turn printer on and can print via usb. If I plug wifi and internet back in print shuts off and will not turn back on. I shut my wifi setting off in the printer so it can not automatically connect. This is a work around for now. Canon definitely is doing something via internet with their printers. 

jerrie
Apprentice

Canon....I hope you are listening to these posts!!!! If there are driver updates...let us know!

If it will not turn on and stay on there is no fix to this!  Many other posts say to call and get a replacement at a discount.

“Based on your description, you printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced.

If you printer is outside of it's 1 year
warranty, you would qualify for the Canon
Upgrade program. This is for out of
warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this
offer, please the Canon Sales Department
at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm
EST excluding holidays.”

I’ll be calling since there is no other option.  I just bought over a years worth of ink - what a waste!!!

Same thing happened to me this morning. Never had any problems with this printer until today.  Seeing many posts from today and yesterday for the exact same issue. 

joeyp
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, but I'm trying to get my head around how they can control the on/off button. It was on. I turned it off to move to a new location, and it never powered up again. It started, then shut down. I followed the "disconnect for an hour" instructions also.  

pederson141
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me.  If I unplug my internet and wifi I am able to turn printer on and can print via usb. If I plug wifi and internet back in print shuts off and will not turn back on. I shut my wifi setting off in the printer so it can not automatically connect. This is a work around for now. Canon definitely is doing something via internet with their printers. 

jandhward
Contributor

Got the printer usb plug.  Printed once and then says printer is offline and will not print. This whole thing is bull**bleep**!!  

I agree. Once I was able to get printer on I went into settings on the printer and reset them to factory so it would not reconnect to wifi. I then plugged it into my computer via usb and had to go into printer settings and now choose the new one. Mine came up as series 2 now. 

Announcements