cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3620, Connected to Win11 laptop by cable, not found by laptop settings

davethompson413
Contributor

Brand new printer, reasonable new laptop. The laptop is connected to the printer via a USB cable. We dont have wifi, except for metered hotspots on cellphones. The laptop recognizes that there is a device that's connected -- it beeps when the printer is powered on or off.

But the laptop doesn't recognize it as a specific printer.

I downloaded the driver from the Cannon website. I opened the .exe file to install the driver, but that didnot work.

So, I downloaded the driver and the "software". Now the software is telling me I dont have the driver, and wont allow any other action.

The laptop's settings do not recognize the printer, nor the driver.

So far, my printer is useless, and I'm frustrated.

Help, Please!

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, davethompson413!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The laptop is running windows 11.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did you install driver/software BEFORE ever connecting the printer to the computer? This is what the directions typically call for.

Go to Settings > Apps> Apps & Features and uninstall any entries relating to the printer. Restart computer and start from scratch, following Canon's instructions exactly.

When i type in that website, it diverts me to cannon.com, with no link to get to ijsetup.

For a technolgy company, this seems quite laCannon is at2 strike me. 

When i type in that website, i get diverted to cannon.com, with no link to the ijsetup. For a technology company, that's rather lame. Cannon is at strike two. I'll await advice and try one more time, but then I return he printer.

A card came with the printer that instructed you to go to the IJSetup site. It's very easy to misspell and end up in the wrong place. Here is a shortcut: canon.us/ijsetup - it will redirect you to the Canon Global site and you will get a wizard to download the complete driver suite for your printer. 

Went to the site, downloaded the file, opened the file. Followed instructions from the sheet.

IIm returning the printer in the morning. What ever happened to plug and play?

Strike three, the computer does not reognize the printer or the driver

Announcements