cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 5220 Says Inner Cover Open

BettyJaney
Apprentice

Please help! My Canon Pixma MG 5220 won't print because I keep getting an error that says the inner cover is open and I need to close it before I continue printing. There is no inner cover open at all! I open it up, I open all the covers then shut themm, it doesn't work, same message. I have unplugged the printer to try to reset it and nothing works.

Please, help! thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi BettyJaney,

If the error persists after closing the inner cover, the printer will require service. Your options at this point will be to have the printer either repaired or replaced. To have it repaired, I can locate the nearest Authorized Service Facility to you, where you can have it fixed. If the printer is out of warranty, that repair would carry a cost, depending on the nature of the fault.

If you prefer to have your printer replaced, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price, and with free FedEx Ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help. Can yopu please let me know where I can get it repaired in the 78727 zip code? 

I will also call about the upgrade program. Thank you for your help!

Hi BettyJaney,

The nearest Authorized Service Facility to that ZIP Code is given below.  This model has been retired, and parts may not be available, so I recommend contacting the ASF to make sure the unit can be serviced.

AUSTIN TYPEWRITER CO SUITE A-105
13200 POND SPRINGS RD 
AUSTIN, TX 78729
512-454-2688

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i have same problem.  where is my nearest repair site

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Announcements