cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP7220. Just bought some glossy photo paper. Pages stick together in the printer.

PatrickKeating
Apprentice

So far this only happens with 8.5" by 11", but that's the only size I have tried to print on so far.  I'm wondering if this is a printer problem or a South Florida problem. Man Happy I tried to print a picture of some alligators and so far have not got a good print.  I had three pages of the photo paper loaded in the lower tray over some regular printer paper.  The image starts to print but because the paper got stuck together at some point the image is half on one page, half on another.  Is it possible to load multiple pages of glossy photo paper and print several images correctly one after another? 

Or do I have to feed the glossy paper in one page at a time? 

I'm wondering if South Florida's humidity is causing this.  Has anybody figured out a way to get the glossy paper to work conveniently in this printer?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It is probably inadvisable to load two different types of paper into the tray at the same time. 

Are the pages stuck together when you load them into the printer?  Does the printer know what type of paper you are trying to print a picture on?  Make sure paper the tray isn't loaded to the brim, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm going to do some experiments to see what I can get away with.  Initially I just dropped three sheets of glossy paper on top of the regular paper in the lower tray.  The tray didn't look particularly full to me.  If I have to drop the glossy paper into the tray one sheet at a time, it will make printing very inconvenient.  But in a case like this, inconvenient is very much better than impossible.  I have visitors for a few days so I won't get another crack at this for a while.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements