cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP4700 prints only outline of text when on "Plain Paper" setting

richmondscribe
Contributor

When trying to print black text on Plain Paper setting only the outline of the text prints. If I change the setting to Matte Paper, the text prints normally. I've attached the print settings (from a Photoshop CS5 document). Have I gotten a setting wrong? Or is there a way to troubleshoot the problem on the printer. BTW, a test print on plain paper prints OK.

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer, along with any other relevant information you feel may help Community members assist!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks!

iMac OS10.11.6

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 2.00.36 PM.jpg

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi richmondscribe,

With your PIXMA iP4700 powered on and plain paper loaded, please press and hold the RESUME button on your printer until the power light blinks two times.

A test page will print.

Please compare your printout with the example below. If it does not match the example, please perform a few printhead cleanings. To perform a cleaning, press and hold the RESUME button until the power light blinks once.

Perform 2 or 3 cleanings and then print another test page.

If the test page still does not print correctly, your PIXMA iP4700 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

iP4700 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements