cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G6020, I was printing documents it worked fine, then just started giving me blank pages,

DreamWalker_55
Apprentice

I have a Pixma G6020 and have had it for almost 2 years now, and it has worked fine, yesterday I was printing out documents and it was doing great then all of a sudden it just started giving me blank pages, it made noises like it was printing but nothing was coming out on the paper. I ran the cleaning like the manual said but it still does not print, so I researched some more today and did another cleaning, it printed out part of a page, the rest was spotty, then the next pages were blank again. I also get a lot of printer errors on it 5200 codes when there are no paper jams or anything, it will be going along fine then bam, a printer error, I have to stop and reset it. A real pain and slow down! I love the printer as it uses so little ink, I was sick of buying the cartridges, I have printed well over 2800 pages and my ink levels have barely moved!! Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do to get the printer to print again? I have tried every test it says to run, it won't complete most of them because the print error code pops up before it can and I have to restart the printer, which cancels the test, starting over only does the same thing. I am at a loss as to what to do next. any suggestion much appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DreamWalker_55,

Performing an ink flush will resolve this issue.

Please turn your PIXMA G6020 off, wait one minute and then turn your PIXMA G6020 back on.

Once on, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your PIXMA G6020 one time

2.  Repeatedly press the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK

3.  Press the right arrow button to select Ink Flush and then press the OK button

4.  Choose All Colors, Color or BK and press OK

5.  Check the displayed message and press OK button

6.  Select Yes and then press OK button

7.  Select Yes and then press OK button

More information can be viewed using the links below:

Information on 5200 error

Performing an ink flush

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DreamWalker_55,

Performing an ink flush will resolve this issue.

Please turn your PIXMA G6020 off, wait one minute and then turn your PIXMA G6020 back on.

Once on, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your PIXMA G6020 one time

2.  Repeatedly press the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK

3.  Press the right arrow button to select Ink Flush and then press the OK button

4.  Choose All Colors, Color or BK and press OK

5.  Check the displayed message and press OK button

6.  Select Yes and then press OK button

7.  Select Yes and then press OK button

More information can be viewed using the links below:

Information on 5200 error

Performing an ink flush

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much, this fixed the problem, I tried the same thing the other day a few times but it never completed the test, it kept going into a print error, and not completing the test. it completed it this time, it does use a lot of ink, but it was worth it to have my printer back, and I still have plenty of ink in the printer for a lot more print job. Thank you for replying!

Announcements