cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo print problem, image preview cutted in half

ukasy
Apprentice

Hi,

I have strange problem with canon pixma g2420. It was printing everything after first instalation, but on the next day it started to have problem with printing images. It looks like this:

- Printing images from pdf, word etc is fine doesnt matter if there are full page or smaller

- Printing images from paint is fine i can even setup to print borderless photos

- Printing photos when i click right mouse button on it and choose print then problems start. I cant print from canon easy photo print application too. Images printed this way looks like on this screen below, doesnt matter if i they high resolution photos or small files.

The problem is not with printer itself (i have tried every cleaning option that is possible from canon application) but it happens something in OS or some problem with drivers (you can see problem already in the canon print preview). I have installed printer on the second computer and first time it was printing everything fine but next day same thing happened on the second computer.

I was trying this steps to repair this problem:

- Uninstall and install drivers, canon applications

- Clean printer spool/buffer

- Unninstall latest windows update - sugested from canon technical support

Unfortunately i cant setup printing photos from paint settings as i could do this from canon easyphoto print or windows dialog, so as you can see this is very problematic. If there is free software i could use to print photos with all these settings, maybe i would leave this problem but right now i dont know what software i could use.

canonprint.jpgcanonprin1.jpgcanonprint2.jpgcanonprint3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I dont know if i found a solution but it started to work now. What i did i clicked find new updates for windows and there was another small updates i had to do and after reboot it still doesnt work but then i checked for another update and there was another small one i think with .net framework update. After installing this update everything is working now. I hope this will work permanently beacuse last thime it was working one day and then stopped working and i wasnt updating computer.

Hope this will help you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Canon_anon
Apprentice

I'm experiencing exactly the same problemen, I can't figure out what is triggering this issue, converting the image to another extension doesn't seem to fix the issue, also. The blank space seems to adjust dynamically depending on the picture.

This guy seems to experience the same problemen after the latest Windows updates:
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/wHY-WONT-PRINTER-PRINT-THE-SECOND-P...

I dont know if i found a solution but it started to work now. What i did i clicked find new updates for windows and there was another small updates i had to do and after reboot it still doesnt work but then i checked for another update and there was another small one i think with .net framework update. After installing this update everything is working now. I hope this will work permanently beacuse last thime it was working one day and then stopped working and i wasnt updating computer.

Hope this will help you

Same here, after reboot there still was a small update, after installing that one the issue has been resolved. Thanks !

Announcements