cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper tray for Pixima MG5420 is too small?

Me2
Apprentice

Help! I'm sure hoping it is me and not the printer. We tried to load the special MP-101 paper into the lower printer tray as directed but it doesn't fit even though I opened the guides up all the way. Normal paper doesn't fit either. What the heck! How do we use our printer?

On a side note, not happy that one of the print cartridges was missing. Fortunately we'd ordered an extra set.

4 REPLIES 4

n2baja
Apprentice

Hello,

Were you able to figure out how to extend the paper tray to accept larger sized paper?  I'm having the same issue and can't find help anywhere.

Thanks!

Ramona
Authority

Hi Me2,

The machine has two paper sources for feeding paper -- the cassette (upper) and cassette (lower).  Please ensure that the lower cassette tray was being used instead of the upper cassette tray.  For more information and illustrations on loading paper in the printer, please click on the the link below:

Loading Paper in the PIXMA MG5420

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Figured out that there are three sections, not two, and that one is the paper out-feed. Also found the lost ink cartridge, but now it won't grab just one paper each time. It can grab anywhere from 1-3 pieces at a time, usually 2-3. This is what the printer we are replacing was starting to do (in fact this one is MUCH worse), making us very unhappy indeed. I sure hope there is an answer to this one. At this point we would return it but it took us so long to get it set-up and in use that we are afraid we are stuck with a lemon.

Also unhappy that it doesn't hold much paper period, but doubt there is an answer to that one.

Hi Me2,

Performing a roller cleaning on the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MG5420 - Performing a Roller Cleaning

If you still experience difficulty after performing at least three roller cleanings on the printer, please Contact Us for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements