cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canon Pixima 922, thin lines through pictures that are printed from Word docs

janecs
Apprentice

I bought this printer because my old Epson had a major problem with lines running through all pictures.  With my new Canon Pixima 922 I still have lines but only on pictures that are on Word and Powerpoint documents.  Had a horrible time trying to print a small picture.  Kept getting these thin lines running across my face. It was too noticeable for me to be able to use the photo. I've tried doing the alignment twice and also nozzle check and all I have accomplished is to use up expensive ink.

Need to either fix the problem or return the printer.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi janecs,

You can turn on the prevent paper abrasion setting on the printer to see if this will resolve the issue of lines appearing on your pictures.  To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the unit:

1. Press the MENU button.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button. The Device Settings screen is displayed.

4. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select PRINT SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select the PREVENT PAPER ABRASION setting, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select ON, then press the OK button.

Please be sure to set this setting back to OFF after printing the pictures.

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will try that but do you mean that every time I print a Word document that has a picture I'll have to follow this procedure? i.e. turning this setting off and on? I can tell you that this will be a problem for me.

This a new printer and I purchased it specifically because I didn't want to have to deal with lines through my pictures. Otherwise, I would have saved my money and kept my Epson that was fine except for the lines through pictures.

Hello.

The adjustment will have to be made each time you are printing these particular images.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried turning on PREVENT PAPER ABRASION and tried printing again and the picture on the word document (only thing on the page) STILL has fine lines running across the picture.  I will be contacting support as you suggested.

Jane CS

Announcements