cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTER MG6100 ERROR 5B00 - NEED SERVICE MODE TOOL V1.050 or V3400

fullfrun
Apprentice

I have tried reset steps with the printer's manual power/stop controls to reset the waste ink counter without success.  Understand i can do that with the assist of the above service mode tools... but can't find a direct safe download source for either version.

Would appreciate any assist in leading me to a direct source for either the above tools or a manual method that would be as effective.  Your time and help are appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The service tool is not intended for end users which is why Canon doesn't have a download for it.  

If you want it, you'll have to find it on the web.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I've downloaded the correct service tools and used two appropriate softwares to open them on my mac since they are Windows files. That was successful... but my Canon MG6100 printer won't respond/sync with the service tool... and used a USB connection as instructed   And I haven't discovered a manual way to reset the counter.  I think I'm against a rock and hard place.   I just needed it to last through Xmas

Richard7499
Apprentice

@fullfrun wrote:

I have tried reset steps with the printer's manual power/stop controls to reset the waste ink counter without success.  Understand i can do that with the assist of the above service mode tools... but can't find a direct safe download source for either version.

Would appreciate any assist in leading me to a direct source for either the above tools or a manual method that would be as effective.  Your time and help are appreciated.

The service tool is not intended for end users which is why Canon doesn't have a download for it.  

Announcements