cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIxma MX492 ink cartridges not being recognized - They were working last time I used printer

khazen422
Apprentice

I am using  Canon cartridges in my MX492.  I have used both color and black cartridges for a while (they are NOT newly installed.)    Today, they are not being recognized.   I have tried "troubleshooting", unplugging printer with cartridges out of printer, and several other suggestions.

How can I get my Canon print cartridges recognized by the printer?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How is the printer connected to your computer?  Wireless or USB?

If wireless try logging into its webserver and see if the issue is reated to the printers software or hardware.

If you can see ink capacity on the webpage, the issue is with the software.  If the ink capacity doesn't display, then the issue is with the printer. Example, I can see my ink levels on my printer's websever.  (not Canon) but they work the same way.  This bypasses the software and comes directly from the printer. 

ink.png

If you do not see ink capacity displayed, there is an issue with the printer and it would probably be best to contact Canon. 

1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements