cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9020 CLI-271 and PGI-270 Ink Tank Replacements being phased out?

achavez00
Contributor

Hello

I am wondering if the CLI-271 and PGI-270 ink replacement tanks are being phased out? I have an old PIXMA TS9020 which I believe is no longer being made. The Canon store and other suppliers on Amazon do not sell it and Canon website is sold out of all colors except black. Anyone have some insight?

Want to know if worth waiting for ink or just put that money towards a new printer, Canon of course.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure when the PIXMA TS9020 was introduced.  Some brief searching indicates it may have been 2017?  So it's definitely closer to the end-of-support timeframe which is usually around 7 to 10 years for electronics these days.

Now then, would other models in Canon's lineup also use the same ink packs? Probably.   And I would then guess that they should still be available (until which point every printer using them is now at their end-of-support).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

As of this writing, at Canon's USA online store, they have the PGI-270/CLI-271 combo pack, separate PGI-270, CMYK CLI-271 combo packs are all in stock.  It appears that some of the individual color packs are out-of-stock only.

Also as of this writing, B&H Photo (an authorized Canon reseller) does have in stock all the individual color products (CLI-271).

--
Ricky

Thank you very much for the info. I didn’t see the packs in the site. 

my other decision is whether or not to commit to this model. 
Do you or does anyone else know if there are plans of discontinuing? It seems companies in general are discontinuing items all over the place lately. Thanks again

Not sure when the PIXMA TS9020 was introduced.  Some brief searching indicates it may have been 2017?  So it's definitely closer to the end-of-support timeframe which is usually around 7 to 10 years for electronics these days.

Now then, would other models in Canon's lineup also use the same ink packs? Probably.   And I would then guess that they should still be available (until which point every printer using them is now at their end-of-support).

--
Ricky

achavez00
Contributor

You have been extremely helpful. May I impose on you again to see if you have an idea on how I may resolve my primary issue I posted here? [Link added to post in question.]

The printing comes out with a reddish/orange hue whenever I try to print color images. Even the black print is not truly black. The tanks are full, there are no error codes on screen and I have done every maintenance step available. It used to work perfectly. Do you have any idea if there is a fix or does it mean the printer has run its course and I should get another? Thank you again

Announcements