cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6020 Unable to scan

Lisa23
Contributor

Hello. I have a Pixma TS 6020 that was purchased in 2017. It is a combination printer and scanner. All features were functioning until recently. I am running a Mac with OS Sonoma 14.1.2.. I am currently still able to print, however, I am getting error readings when I try to scan. I re-dowloaded the driver but it still doesn't scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

welp. that link was broken. I fixed it. 

It will look like this:

Stephen_0-1704810514246.png

Lisa23
Contributor

HI Stephen... I followed your instructions but am still having some issues.... When I try to scan a document, it does seem to scan it, but when I exit, I get a different internal error now...it tells me to "check scanner status, restart scanner, restart computer, reinstall scanner driver.... code 10, 202, 3".... I did all of the above but still get that error.... However, if I scan using the driver, it does scan, but not as a document saving as a pdf, but as a photo saved as a jpeg. Which is fine if I want to scan a photo, but not when I need to scan a document as a pdf... I can't figure this out! Any other suggestions?  And thank you all for  trying to help me!

Hi,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click once on the Canon TS6020 and then click the [-] at the bottom to remove it.

5.  Once gone, click the [+] and then click Add.

6.  When the Canon TS6000 series appears, click on it one time.

7.  At the bottom, next to "Use", select the Canon TS6000 series (not Airprint or Secure Airprint).

8.  Click Add

Once the printer is readded, please restart your computer and then open IJ Scan Utility and try to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi again... Sorry this is so frustrating. I followed all of your instructions but I am getting the same error code again: 10, 202, 3.... When I check the scanner in IJ Utility it is listed as TS 6000 series, and not the 6300, even after I downloaded the driver 5.0.0 again. This might be beyond what I am capable of!!! I do greatly appreciate all of your assistance and not sure what else I can do.

Announcements