cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5150 Paper tray won’t go back in

Rgh123
Apprentice

I recently bought a pixma ts5150 printer. 

I pulled the paper tray out and now it won’t go all the way back in. It is stuck a couple of inches out. 

Is anyone able to help? 

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have a look at this and let us know if it helps.

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : TS5100 series : Loading Paper in the Cassette

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick

I am not having issues loading the paper. The loading tray stays stuck out slightly, the same as in the video. It was not like this when the printer arrived.

Thanks, 

Same here.  No problem loading paper in the cassette for TS6420.  The tray will not go back in. I noticed it was stiff to pull out when it was empty.  So frustrated that it will not go back in.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The video shows how to load paper and reinstalling the cassette fully flush.  If yours won't go back in, there is an obstruction.  A cover or tab that isn't fully seated or aligned, or something out of alignment in the tracks at the bottom of the printer.  Note, when you check the bottom of the printer, do not tilt it past 45 degrees.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have the same problem. The paper tray will not go back in all the way. I looked at the tracks on which the tray slides in and on the left side there is a white tab that I believe is causing the problem. When the tray reaches that tab, it clips into place and doesn't go in any farther. It almost appears that the tray is designed to not go in all the way as it "locks" into place when it reaches this tab. Does anyone have any idea how to get around this? Thanks.

Hi Mike1950.

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.

We look forward to further assisting you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PIXMA TS5100 series.

PIXMA TS6420 - same problem

awsimp
Apprentice

Just recently bought my TS5150 and had the same problem. I found (eventually!) that you need to shorten the tray before you push it back in by pressing down on the tab with the black arrow on a blue background which is situated under the cover. Hope this helps.

Announcements