cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3260 BH-20 and CH-20 Print Head Shortage

drewrafael
Apprentice

Does anyone know if there is a shortage on BH-20 and CH-20 print heads?

I need these new print heads for my G3260 printer and can't find them in stock anywhere else. Are there other compatible print heads from Canon that will work on the printer? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

This is indeed a bummer as they've been out-of-stock for at least two months now.  Back in June, I was looking at Canon's megatank Inkjet printers which had mentioned that the print heads were user-replaceable.   So I wanted to be proactive and obtain a set of replacements at the time I purchased such a printer.

The other strange thing was that it seems that only Canon will sell these particular parts.  And specifically, their sales department (I had called up their parts department, but they stated that the sales department would be exclusively handling these particular parts).

I ultimately went with a Canon laser printer where the toner is carried not only by Canon, but also authorized Canon resellers.   For the megatank printers, at least you can get the ink from multiple places, but I wasn't going to deal with having a single source for print heads especially with them being out-of-stock for so long.

I know this doesn't help your particular situation.  About the only thing you can do is put yourself on a notify list to when the items come back in stock:

BH-20 Print Head

CH-20 Print Head

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

deg1
Apprentice

Following - I need the color printhead after one of the nozzles broke while cleaning the printhead. Now I'm left with a printer that does not work and no timeline for a printhead replacement.  Frustrating!

Announcements