cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5120 Ink Absorber Almost Full

Notnif
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma TS5120.  Recently when I turn on the printer I receive a message, "The ink absorber is almost full. Select OK to continue printing.  Contact the service center."  When I select OK the printer will print.  What does this mean, and is there anything I need to do?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The ink absorber is an absorbent pad at the bottom of the printer.  Its similar to a waste ink tank, however, it's fixed and non-removable.  Its similar to a giant sponge.  It collects the residual ink left over from certain types of printing operations, when cleaning operations are performed or during "charging" when cartridges are replaced, or the printer hasn't been used for a while. It has a useable life and once it fills, has to be replaced by Canon or a printer repair shop.  If you are getting a "almost full" message you should look into having it serviced.  Eventually, it will stop printing.  Register your printer on MyCanon to see your support options.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements