cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 not responding after firmware update

RoyGivon
Apprentice

Hi!

I have a Canon 8520 and was asked to update the firmware. After hitting start, the screen turned off, the power light is still on, but it has been over two hours and nothing happens. 

Is it normal??  What should I do?

Thank you,

Roy 

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hi, 

Can you please verify your printer model? There will usually be a couple letters ahead of the numbers.

It is TR8520

soyseak
Contributor

Hi Roy,

It is not normal for the screen to turn off and for nothing to happen for over two hours after updating the firmware on your Canon 8520 printer. This suggests that something might have gone wrong during the update process.

You could try resetting the printer by unplugging it from the power source and waiting for a few minutes before plugging it back in. If this does not work, you could try contacting Canon customer support for further assistance, as they would be in a better position to provide specific troubleshooting steps for your printer.

I hope this helps!

SOY SEAK

Thank you Soy Seak.  I was nervous disconnecting the power in the middle and ending up with a black brick with no firmware. I did end up taking the cord out, and plugging it back in. At that point it notified me that the update failed. I will try again in a day or so, once I get the courage to try again.

Thank you again,

Roy

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements