cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 contact service center support code 1704

JustSerfin
Contributor

How do I fix this? I can't find any way to contact support.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The error typically indicates the ink absorber in the device is full. The device will require service.

If you are in the US. Create a My Canon Acct and register your product. You will be provided support and repair options.

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/

The customer service number for Canon is 1 (800) 652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That does not make sense. The printer was working fine until I had a paper jam. I got the peace of paper out but that is when this happen. How can a paper jam cause the ink absorber to be full?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Would it be possible for you to provide the model of your device? You've given us nothing as reference, except to now say there was a paper jam proceeding the error.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is a Canon PIXMA TR4520. I don't know what that has to do with the issue though, it's not like the code would be different on a different model so that doesn't seem like something I needed to announce.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Without your model, we cannot provide accurate information. Actually, error codes can vary slightly across different models.

Your product's manual indicates this is an issue with the printer's ink absorber:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TR4500 series : 1704

Maybe it was a coincidence you had a paper jam prior to receiving the error. I cannot speculate. The manual states pressing the OK button should allow you to continue to print, as long as you have enough ink and the absorber is not at its full capacity. You can only bypass this error for so long. Once the absorber is 100% full, you will no longer be able to print. Canon recommends you contact support.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is completely useles! I have already tried that (pressing OK & keep printed) but print-outs are so smeared they are unreadable!

Do you know how much Canon wants for a phone call ALONE for something that can't even be fixed in a phone call, much less to get it fixed? Yet how am I even able to find a service center?

So I already don't have a printer & it would be cheaper to buy a new 1 (& I want the SAME EXACT printer as I still have plenty of ink for it)!

How, EXACTLY, have you really helped me? All you have done is piss me off even more than I already am....

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements