cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR 7020 paper jam seems unfixable - what do I do?

djd1950
Contributor

It jammed over and over again, and the last time I was unable to pull the paper out whole so there are pieces I can't get at. It's out of Canon warranty but I have an extended warranty through the card card I used.

Although the service/support page says to contact Technical Support, it gives no phone number or way to do that. 

How can I get Canon to diagnose the problem so that my warranty provider can authorize repair or replacement?

I'm so frustrated and will be grateful for help. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, djd1950!  Our over-the-phone support team is ready to help.  You'll need to click HERE to register your PIXMA TR7020 first and that will give you access to all of your support options including our 800 number.

Hope to talk to you soon!

djd1950
Contributor

I already registered my printer. I see a number but it says I have to pay $19.99 to talk to someone. Is that the only way to get a diagnosis? Can I get a diagnosis over the phone?

djd1950
Contributor

The support person guided me through opening the back of the printer and I was able to pull out a small piece of paper. However, the printer still would not feed paper and print. Turns out this model doesn't like paper which is three-hole punched. Canon is sending me a new printer, which is the best possible outcome. 

Announcements