cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Thank you so much for your information on solving my B200 error. It worked like a champ and I'm printing up a storm. Thanks again!

How to fix this error

This cleared the error but it returned has soon as I attempted to print. 

Tried this several times. It just grinds when I stop it. The shows a 1500 error. I also changed the black ink cartridge that was blinking. Checked for debris but there was none. turned off. Came back as B200 error

Holy Crap!!! This worked for me. Thank you so much for sharing this solution. The last thing I needed in the middle of a pandemic is one more headache. 

still nothing ink holder don't move also printer do not come on

Hello B200 sufferers, The following info is just for the heck of it. How much of an inconvienience is the B200 error to you? Do you think that you could possibly do something worse with the printer to make it more worthless?
Please note that the carriage location is in a different location to change the ink then it is when you properly follow the directions to remove the print head.  Pretend you are going to change ink. The printer head tray can be manually pushed around in the slot. push it to the right, push it to the left multiple times and then make it almost center. remove the printer and do what ever with it. While it is removed do what ever with the printer. On, off, on, off, unplug it, kick it, whatever. Install the print head. Slide the tray by hand to the right to pull the plastic bar forward if needed. Try to print something. Did it print, was there B200? Now follow the procedure to change the print head but do not actually remove it but pretend that you did. At this point turn it on and off or whatever and try to print again. Folow the procedure for auto or manual alignment. does it really have to be a MATTE paper 8.5 by 11 inches whatever side which way and some amount of too much light shining o the output tray really make a difference? is it a light sensor gone bad causing this. Why doe it say read the manual to determine special paper? That is so stupid. If you read enough, you can find Canon documentatiion where special paper is not a requirement.

By the way. My Macbook Pro works great after replacing keyboard, trackpad, wi-fi/bluetooth card and cables.

The bad news: after all the messing around that I did to solve the B200 error it came back after I actually followed the instruction to remove the print head which involved pressing and holding the stop button versus manual push..

I was hoping that I would somehow be able to print from my MacBook but that didn't work either.

Now I use a cyber Monday $114 used HP officejet 3830 that ran out of black last night. It has auto ink ordering!

Don't be afraid to dismantel it piece by piece then put it back together. It is a good way to learn skills.

Thank you, thank you for this fix! I was reading other posts and got worried that I would have to purchase another printer. I followed your instructions and it worked!! Whew!

I'm glad it worked for you. After some time I still needed to purchase a new printer head and it's still working like new. Best of luck.

Gosh, no! Don't give up on your printer.  I've learned, if it comes back, just keep fiddling with it and you can usually get it to come back.  Sometimes just cleaning the heads, then letting it sit for a while if it's being stubborn, then coming back and giving it a stern talking to does the trick!  LOL  At times of desperation a smack on the side doesn't hurt either!  🙂  But it keeps trucking.  I think I'm over a year, maybe 2 since the first error code and still going strong.......  Never give up  I'm sure one day it will, but I've had the printer since 2016 and so, it has more than earned it's keep.  Even if I did have to take it to the repair shop it would be worth it to me.  This printer doesn't owe me a thing.

Announcements