cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920 won't print - one computer only

romulas80
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX920. It has always worked great. One day, it stopped connecting wirelessly to my Macbook Pro. It still shows up in my printer queue and will print or scan if I physically connect it with a cable, but it will do neither wirelessly. It prints and scans and works perfectly with my other Macbook Pro as well as my desktop Windows computer, but won't with the single device. I can print wireless to other printers from this Macbook, but not the MX920. I don't know what to do.

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi romulas80! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to print wirelessly to your MX922 from one of your Mac computers.

You mention that you can print wirelessly from other devices. That means your printer is connected to your network. To fix the issue on your Macbook Pro, I recommend deleting the printer and adding a new copy.

If you recently updated your computer, I recommend that you download and install the latest version of the CUPS PRINTER DRIVER from the following website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920-mx922

When the page opens, click on the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS option to the right of the picture of the printer. Then, make sure that your computer’s operating system and version is selected under Downloads. After that, you should find the CUPS Printer Driver in the list of available software.

After you click on DOWNLOAD, please wait for it to finish downloading. Then, open the file and double-click on the symbol that looks like a cardboard box. When the setup program starts, follow the instructions to complete the install.

If your computer is running macOS 12 or earlier, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable that connects the printer to your computer.
  2. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of the computer screen.
  3. In the menu that drops down, select SYSTEM PREFERENCES, and then click on PRINTERS & SCANNERS.
  4. Single-click on the MX920 series that appears on the left side of the window and make sure it is highlighted.
  5. Click on the Minus (-) button that is below or to the side of the list of printers, and then select the option to delete the printer.
  6. Once the printer is deleted, click on the (+) button and open the Add Printer window.
  7. When the Add Printer window appears, wait a few minutes for the printer to show up. It may show up more than once.
  8. If it appears twice on the list, click on the printer that appears next to Canon IJ Network. If it appears only once, click on it and make sure that you see “Canon MX920 series” in the box marked “Use.”
  9. Click on the Add button.
  10. Wait for the printer to be added back to the list of printers, and then close the Printers & Scanners window.

If your computer is running macOS 13, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable that connects the printer to your computer.
  2. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of the computer screen.
  3. In the menu that drops down, select SYSTEM SETTINGS, and then click on PRINTERS & SCANNERS in the left column (you may need to scroll down to find it).
  4. Control-Click on the MX920 series that appears in the list of printers and select REMOVE PRINTER on the right.
  5. Click on REMOVE PRINTER to delete the printer.
  6. Once the printer is deleted, click on the ADD PRINTER, SCANNER, OR FAX option below the list of printers.
  7. When the Add Printer window appears, wait a few minutes for the printer to show up. It may show up more than once.
  8. If it appears twice on the list, click on the printer that appears next to Canon IJ Network. If it appears only once, click on it and make sure that you see “Canon MX920 series” in the box marked “Use.”
  9. Click on the Add button.
  10. Wait for the printer to be added back to the list of printers, and then close the Printers & Scanners window.

Once a new copy of the printer is added, you should be able to print wirelessly. Please leave the USB cable disconnected.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements