cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920 Printing blank pages

linniebooc
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX920. About 6 months ago (I don't print that often) I purchased a new computer and had the printer connect wirelessly to the computer. I didn't have any issues with it recognizing it but when I try to print to it today I just get blank pages. Even when I do the nozzle test it just prints out a blank page. I also cleaned the nozzle and I'm still getting the same issue.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

inkjet printers do not do well when they sit unused for long periods of time. 

The absence of a Nozzle check pattern after a standard and deep cleaning task indicates a problem with ink delivery or the printhead. 

Multiple cleanings might help:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1000.html

But you don't want to repeat this more than twice as the ink won't have anywhere to go if the head is completely clogged.  What you'll get is a big mess. 

Perform the test from the control panel:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1200.html

This will rule out anything to do with the driver or type of connection. 

If nothing comes out, you may want to try removing the printhead and cleaning it manually. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

How do I clean the print heads manually?

Hi linniebooc.

Canon only recommends cleaning the print heads by performing the cleaning and deep cleaning options. You can use the link shadowsports provided above.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Robin7888
Apprentice

Hello,

First, please check if the printer add-on is enabled or not.

• First, press the Windows key + Letter R and Run windows will open
  • Now type inetcpl.cpl then click on OK to run the comment
  • Then go to the Programs tab and please check the printer add-on and check whether it is enabled or not.
  • Done now; please print a test page using an online tool and check whether everything is working fine.

Thanks

Announcements