cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 says "Not Responding" and "Couldn't Print"

Konnee
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX492. In setting up my new computer (OS windows 11), I downloaded updated drivers for the printer. I can Scan and Copy with no issues. However, I cannot print from my computer. It gives me an error message but no error code. I do NOT use Google Cloud to print and never have. My previous computer had Windows 10 and I had no issues. It simply says, 'printer not responding" then it says 'error - the printer couldn't print . . . ." I've wasted hours trying to resolve this without any luck. I am connected using USB. My printer setting matches the use of USB, thus allowing me to scan from the printer into my computer. HELP! ! ! ! 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please disconnect the printer USB cord and delete the printer from your computer. Once the printer is removed, restart you computer and after the restart, click HERE. Please download and install the Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.02 file.

Make sure to leave the printer USB cord disconnected until you select USB connection and a message appears asking to connect to the printer. Once the printer is reinstalled, try to print again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements