cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX475 ink cartridge problem

JSS
Apprentice

I purchased a PIXMA MX475 printer in January this year and have been using it daily for nearly 3 months without problem. The ink cartridges were changed about a month ago.

After power up today I get Error Code 1485 (Unsupported Ink Cartridge), which I'm unable to clear, even though I'm using genuine Canon cartridges.

As I don't have a new cartridge available to try at the moment, is there any way I can determine whether it is the printer or the cartridge that is faulty?

2 REPLIES 2

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, JSS. Thank you for your post. You have posted on the Community site for Canon USA. If you have not done so, you should try turning the printer off and disconnecting the power cable. See if that helps. The 1485 error on the PIXMA MX472 can also indicate that one of the cartridges is not installed. Please make sure that both ink cartridges (color and black) are properly installed. If you have the older cartridge, you can reinstall it and see if the error code goes away. If it does, there may be a problem with the actual cartridge. However, I still recommend that you call Canon for support. The MX475 is not sold in the United States. If you have a PIXMA MX472, you may call our toll-free number 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays). If you have an MX475, please visit http://global.canon/en/support/ and look for the support site closest to you geographically.

Hi JayC1,
Thanks for your reply.
I discovered that I do still have the original cartridge, awaiting recycling, and using this I have established that it is indeed the new cartridge that is faulty.
I have also been in touch with my local Canon support and am now looking forward to a replacement/refund from the supplier.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements