cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 Cannot connect to internet

idenkilla
Apprentice

Hi All,

I'm having issues connecting my MX472 to Google Cloud Print. Everytime i try, it says "cannot connect to the internet". I get the same message when I try to update the firmware from the web portal. I can print perfectly fine from my windows & device, android phones, tablets, and iphones.

help please!

-Vin

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you can print wirelessly to the printer via iPhone it means both are on the same WiFi network.

Do your other devices connect to the internet?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

idenkilla
Apprentice
Yes all my devices convect to the internet.

Have you followed setup instructions?

http://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Tried those instructions and it didnt work. Some instructions say the printer firmware needs to be updated to version 3.0 but I can't find updated firmware.

Any suggestions?

Contact Canon support.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Discussion/Where-is-the-quot-contact-us-quot-button/m-p/13...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well, after 5 hours of trying to figure it out, I made some progress. I changed the DNS server on my router and on the printer itself. I was able to update the firmware and register it with Google Cloud Print. 

I still don't see the printer in my Google account but it's progress.

I tried to connect mine and was unable to. I have a PIXMA MG2922. When I held onto the wi-fi button, it didn't and wouldn't blink twice for me no matter how long I pressed down on the button. The light below will keep on flashing. Help?

Thanks!

Hello, sumoua!

If you've followed the setup instructions HERE, and you're still having issues, we suggest reaching out to support. They're available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

We hope this helps!

Announcements