cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP610 Won't Print Text

jm2am
Apprentice

I've got an older PIXMA MP610. It WILL scan and print a color picture, it will print a Mac color photo, it will print a color image from a random web site. But it WILL NOT PRINT an basic email, a text doc from Mac Pages or a graphic from Mac Numbers etc. I have fine tuned all printer parameters, I have replaced the USB cord, I have replaced all inks, I have deleted all needed Canon Printer software and re-loaded all that needed Canon software again, from an Canon Original software disk. The printer goes through all the motions, but for basic text / words / emails / printed docs it WILL NOT PRINT. 

Yes, SCANS print color, Mac Photos print color, Web pages print color. Emails and TEXT docs WILL NOT Print. All same paper quality and size. Any suggestions ? HELP please, THANK YOU !!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The printer uses dye inks for color and photo printing and a separate black pigment ink cartridge for text. Since text is not printing and you don't report an empty cartridge message being displayed perhaps the head is clogged. Run a nozzle check and cleaning cycles to see if that corrects the problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

JR ~ Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention in my post that I have performed all the maintenance tasks available on this printers user interface. Some of them numerous times (cleaning, deep cleaning etc.) and have consumed a few cartridges of mostly black ink. I am also aware that texts only use the PGBK ink. I can print out nozzle tests that look good, except that the PGBK nozzle pattern is not there at all. I have cleaned and deep cleaned numerous times and can't get it to print text at all. I have also completely removed the Print Heat and flushed it out completely with alcohol and water, drying it completely before reinserting it. Still no luck. I see you have the PRO 100. I lust for that unit, but my budget is more like the Pixma G620, a reportedly dedicated Photo printer. Any thoughts ?, I would like to solve this.

Give Canon support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements