cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP287 How Long Can the Heads Be Submerged In Cleaning Solution?

Alvin777
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon MP287.

Both the color and black cartridges, some of it's nozzles are closed (has lines in the test print). I've tried deep cleaning about 5 to 7 times but it's still the same. I did buy a cleaning solution (it looks like Windex w/ ammonia) to submerge the head in it but how long, how many hours or days, should the heads be submerged in inkjet cleaning solutions?

God bless, Revelation 21:4

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

I have never heard of submerging/soaking print heads in ANYTHING to dissolve ink in nozzles. This would probably ruin the printhead, especially done for hours or days. Where'd you get whatever it is you have?

What I HAVE done before is dampen the nozzles LIGHTLY with isopropyl alcohol to loosen up clogs. But letting alcohol penetrate into the nozzle too far will mix alcohol with the ink, diluting the ink for a number of prints, maybe even ruining the head. 

Alvin777
Apprentice

Thanks. Is it safe to ultrasonic clean the heads with distilled water (maybe a little dish washing soap or inkjet cleaning solution)?

God bless, Rev. 21:4

I searched "inkjet cleaning solution" and found numerous products, and make-your-own solutions with procedures.. They call for distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. Some say dish detergent. Depends on what the solvent is for the ink. Check it out yourself. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some suggestions from the castleink.com website:

Screenshot 2022-09-11 084749.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements