cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7120

goodjobjames
Apprentice

Hi, my printer PIXMA MG7120 is making a weird sound upon powering on and I cannot see the main menu. It gives me the error code C000, but nothing is in the way of the paper feed, and I've tried turning it off and on again and unplugging it, and also reseating the ink cartridges. Whenever I look into where the ink catridges are I notice that it looks like some ink has leaked.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is a general fault code.  Ink, paper hadling, jam or obstruction. 

Turning off, unplugging, reconnecting and power up is a good first step.

Removing and re-seating inks a good second step. 

If you have recently installed new ink, betsure you have removed all of the protective tapes from the new cartridges.

Last thing you can do is check for a pepar jam, dirt or obstruction.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi goodjobjames,

If the C000 error persists, your PIXMA MG7120 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

fjinfo
Apprentice

If I leave my printer on approximately 2 hours later in standby it becomes hot and emits an odor like something burning. The back and side felt the hottest. I thought it was the ink as I rarely use this printer and thought it dried up. So I purchased Cannon ink and changed the cartridges. I then moved the printer to another room and left it plugged in another surge protector. That also had the same results. The power cord is not damaged and perfectly fine as well

I have to turn the printer on and wait for it to load and then print something and the print quality is the same. But to have to remember to turn the printer off after every use and its just not right. 

Is there a recall on this model? 

Announcements