cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5751 Other colors visible in grayscale printing

kgunter
Apprentice

Hi, I am a MG5700 owner. When selected to do grayscale printing it is sometimes doing a variety of other discrete colours too. For example, I printed a document that was majority black text but had a few bits in red. Those red bits are coming out a very slight shade of blue. Any suggestions as to how I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

deborah621
Apprentice

Ensure that the ink tanks are not empty, especially for the color causing the issue. Perform a print head cleaning through the printer’s maintenance settings. If the issue persists, try a deep cleaning. Verify that the printer driver settings on your computer are correctly configured for grayscale printing. Sometimes, driver incompatibility can cause such issues. Make sure that your printer’s firmware is up to date. Manufacturers often release updates that can fix known issues. 

Hi Deborah, thanks for all these suggestions.  I'll check the firmware. I changed all the cartridges yesterday but no change. 

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, kgunter!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA MG5700 series.  The model number should appear on the top of the printer near the ON button. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, it's MG5751

Announcements