cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5300 all printing is pink

DOOLEY33
Apprentice

Just replaced the ink 2 weeks ago, in the middle of printing it went from black to pink and it's been pink every since. I do not refill the ink, only buy new. broke down and bought new black ink again, the color ink is showing full, black is still showing empty. Have cleaned everything through the cannon setup and it's still pink!  It's a Cannon MG5300 series. It's about 6 months old.

Something funny, when I registered for this forum, I received a confirmation email, which I printed, came out perfect!! So I tried to print something else, and it's PINK!!! Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi DOOLEY33,

Since the nozzle check is still broken after running through a few cleanings, the printer may require service.  At this point, please reach out to our technical support team at bit.ly/ContactCanon for further direction.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

brianbar
Apprentice

Hi Dooley33,

I had the same problem with my Canon PRO-100 printer (printing pink), I even purchased a new print head that only lasted for about a few days, then back to the same problem.
After re-installing the drivers and doing a Firmware update, the problem was the same.
After all of this it turned out the the Black and Grey ink cartridges were showing empty when printing, even though they were both 50% or more in them, replaced them both and all appears to be okay now.
I guess they were both defective.
Brian

CantrellsGrill2
Apprentice

Done all of the above!  Still pink!  DISGUSTED 

Mellie
Apprentice

Did you see that she was able to print your message perfectly but then it went back to pink?  I have the same problem periodically.  I used to go through all the nozzle checks and cleanings etc and everything is supposedly great- but it continues to be screwy.  So now I don't change anything- I just wait for it to go back to normal- it eventually does- but what a pain in the neck.  I've wasted more really good paper and it's SO inconvenient to have an unreliable printer.

Announcements